De-link Copied Database

V-A
Silver 1
Silver 1

I copied an existing database and app ("Database-X" and "App-X") to create a new set ("Copy of Database-X" and "Copy of App-X").  I then changed Copy of App-X's data source tables to those of Copy of Database-X.

The "Source Id" field for the respective app's tables is different. 

It seems though that changes in the old database and app are reflected in the new database and new app, and vice-versa.  That is, the databases seem to be linked.

How can I de-link the two databases?

Solved Solved
0 3 128
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This was resolved by renaming the new database and its tables by (1) removing the "Copy of" prefixes to their names and (2) reconnecting the "Source Path" and "Worksheet Name/Qualifier" fields in the app for each table.  Changes in the old database no longer are reflected in the new database.

Other errors surfaced that I'll post in another thread.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You should ask your question directly in the thread initiated with announcement of this preview feature.

This was resolved by renaming the new database and its tables by (1) removing the "Copy of" prefixes to their names and (2) reconnecting the "Source Path" and "Worksheet Name/Qualifier" fields in the app for each table.  Changes in the old database no longer are reflected in the new database.

Other errors surfaced that I'll post in another thread.  Thanks.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet Database is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

Introducing new AppSheet database feature ...

Top Labels in this Space