DeV and productive environment

Hi everybody how are you? I hope all very well.
I have a question that I don’t know how to solve, I have my app ready for users to start using it, my question has to do with the following.
Like any app, new modifications will surely arise, therefore the data model and the data may be affected. My app persists the data in a google spreadsheet. I would like to be able to have an environment in which to carry out the development and that the spreadsheet of this environment is different from the spreadsheet of the productive environment. Is this possible? Can you guide me to have two “separate environments”?
Thanks a lot!

0 2 158
2 REPLIES 2

I would recommend making a copy of the application and in the settings I recall there was an option to create a copy of the datasource also. The main thing that is missing from what I recall is making further enhancements to the Dev application and the ability to just transfer those changes to the Production application. I have the same limitation myself since I needed the Prod app to be linked to a different SQL DB, but I cannot persist the changes made in Dev to Production without affecting my Prod tables to be changed also to the Dev DB.

So the “Upgrade app” feature is useful for this in 2 ways.
1 it prohibits users on older versions from submitting changes until they get the new version.
2 it basically copies another app to the current app.
So using this in combination with a stable version allows you to minimize downtime for changes. Make all your changes with the new tables in the copied app. Then upgrade the live app and change the live tables. There is not really a way to have 0 down time but this helps you get that downtime to a very minimal time frame. Recommend informing users ahead of time so they can get out of the app and sync all pending changes.

Top Labels in this Space