Decimal Places - Always Show Two Decimal Places

How do I get AppSheet to always show two decimal places? For example, if a value is 0.6, i want AppSheet to display 0.60 instead of 0.6

Solved Solved
0 7 134
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Use TEXT() I think, to convert the numbers to text before concatenating.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

By configuring the "Decimal digits" under the "Decimal" column config

that's what i would have thought. Let me go back and confirm that I actually used 2 in all places for this particular use case.

@SkrOYC i have found the problem but need to figure out how to fix it ๐Ÿ™‚

The decimal places are properly showing, however, i have a TEXT field that concatenates some values and displays them. THe concatenation is truncating the decimal place.

CONCATENATE([Lower Limit]," - ", [Upper Limit])

This takes [Lower Limit], which is a decimal with two places, adds " - ", then takes [Upper Limit], which is also a decimal, and displays them like this:

Screenshot 2022-06-24 11.07.58.png

so how do I get the concatenation to pull in the exact value without altering it?

Thanks

Use TEXT() I think, to convert the numbers to text before concatenating.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks, folks. This seems to work as expected:

CONCATENATE(TEXT([Lower Limit])," - ", TEXT([Upper Limit]))

The only negative is that old records must be re-saved to get the desired display, but there's not a lot of records for this table yet, so we're in good shape.

You may want to implement a "quick update" method, I think @MultiTech has a post about it.

Basically you can have an extra column that's updated via action and it triggers an update to your formulas

Top Labels in this Space