Decimal as comma instead of point

I made 3 apps today all with a LatLong column and with separate Lat and Long columns. Same Chrome browser, same formulas and same locale settings (English - US) for each database. No VPN. The data source is an Appsheet database.

One app keeps returning commas instead of decimal points for the lat and long columns. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? 

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 14.37.20.png

Solved Solved
0 4 128
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, the formula to split your LatLong is should be simple enough
INDEX(SPLIT([latlong],','), 1)
INDEX(SPLIT([latlong],','), 2)
would work just fine, so I don't see that being the issue.

The only way I was able to recreate the issue was changing the table localization, so I'd suggest making sure you're formulas are correct and not over complicated, and double check that table's localization settings are correct.

If you're unsure on how to check the table's localization, just click on the table's tab, click Table Settings, and find Table locale in the popup, and make sure it's set to English-US

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Well, the formula to split your LatLong is should be simple enough
INDEX(SPLIT([latlong],','), 1)
INDEX(SPLIT([latlong],','), 2)
would work just fine, so I don't see that being the issue.

The only way I was able to recreate the issue was changing the table localization, so I'd suggest making sure you're formulas are correct and not over complicated, and double check that table's localization settings are correct.

If you're unsure on how to check the table's localization, just click on the table's tab, click Table Settings, and find Table locale in the popup, and make sure it's set to English-US

Thanks! I solved it by using Google Sheets as the data source rather than Appsheet and by adding those formulas you provided. 

It sounds like it's showing the value as a number and thousand separator rather than a decimal. That would explain the difference. How have you written the formula? What is your column type?

Thanks for the reply. They are decimal columns so it's not a thousand separator. The formula I used is Lat([LatLong]). It works find on the other apps. It may be due to users in Ivory Coast. When they tested it, maybe the regional settings on there end did something (French system)? But they only have user permission and the database locale is English-US. I'm at a complete loss. 

Top Labels in this Space