Deep Link to BOT Notification

Hello,

How would I link directly to an ADD or UPDATE in a Bot notification in the Deep Link section at the bottom. I'm able to do a LINKTOVIEW() OK, but what if I wanted to go directly to the ADD in question when the notification is clicked on? 

I've tried LINKTOROW([_Thisrow], "View_Detail") but it goes to a blank screen. Do I need to combine a SELECT() expression with LINKTOVIEW or LINKTOROW? If so, how? 

I was thinking the expression should be automatic in that the Table and the item being Added are already defined in the notification?

Appreciate any input.  

Solved Solved
0 6 427
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Apparently LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() is the expression that works best for me on this topic. A deep-link notification is sent. And when the link is clicked, it filters the table based on your desired settings. In my case, the most recent ADD by a member: 

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Table", [TimePosted] = TODAY())

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Check out the "built in variables" here:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11539253?hl=en

From the link you shared, <<_ROWKEY>> which is the "Key value of the added, deleted, or updated record" would seem to be what I'm looking for but apparently it doesn't stand alone in the Deep Link. Anywhere else it only displays the key value. How would I use it... Does it work together with a LINKTOROW() expression? 

Apparently LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() is the expression that works best for me on this topic. A deep-link notification is sent. And when the link is clicked, it filters the table based on your desired settings. In my case, the most recent ADD by a member: 

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Table", [TimePosted] = TODAY())

Uk
Silver 1
Silver 1

LINKTOFORM("Form_View_Name", "Action", "ADD", "Row_Key_Column", [_THISROW].[Row_Key_Column])

Replace "Form_View_Name" with the name of your form view, "Action" with the name of your action (in this case, "ADD"), "Row_Key_Column" with the name of your table's key column, and "[_THISROW].[Row_Key_Column]" with the key value of the row you want to add.

If you want to link to the UPDATE action instead, replace "ADD" with "EDIT" in the expression.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback but I don't think that's what I am looking for. Your expression, when "the link" to the notification is clicked on takes me to the form view in order to ADD a new entry. 

What I was looking for, which works OK for now with the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW, is to link to another user's new entry (ADD). I just wanted to notify all members of a new entry and have the notification link to THAT new entry. 

But I appreciate the input and explanation. 

@Uk wrote:

LINKTOFORM("Form_View_Name", "Action", "ADD", "Row_Key_Column", [_THISROW].[Row_Key_Column])

Replace "Form_View_Name" with the name of your form view, "Action" with the name of your action (in this case, "ADD"), "Row_Key_Column" with the name of your table's key column, and "[_THISROW].[Row_Key_Column]" with the key value of the row you want to add.

If you want to link to the UPDATE action instead, replace "ADD" with "EDIT" in the expression.

This is all extremely incorrect. Did this come from ChatGPT?

Top Labels in this Space