Default file upload location breaks for PDF

I have an app with a strange bug that only shows with uploading a PDF file.

All of my apps reside on a Google Shared Drive within a root folder. Inside this root folder is a folder for each app. Inside each app folder is where the Google Sheet data source for that app resides.

The app with the bug has a File field on a table that collects uploaded files.

The default behaviour for uploaded files is that they get put into a location that is relative to the location of the Google Sheet datasource. This is working fine for image files which get put into a folder called โ€œSupervisions_Imagesโ€ in the same folder as my spreadsheet. This also works for audio files which get saved into a folder called โ€œSupervisions_Files_โ€ that is also in the same folder as my spreadsheet.

However, the bug surfaces when I try to upload a PDF document. What happens is that Appsheet decides to create the โ€œSupervisions_Files_โ€ folder in the root of my Shared Drive and puts the PDF into that folder instead of the the default โ€œSupervisions_Files_โ€ folder that is relative to my spreadsheet.

The file path that is stored in the spreadsheet is updated correctly, but when clicking to open the PDF again, there is a 404 error because the PDF cannot be found in the relative folder. It is sitting in the newly created root folder instead.

Even if I delete the โ€œSupervisions_Files_โ€ folder in the root, it gets created again if I upload a PDF.

Is this a bug? Why does the default behaviour work for other types of files and not PDF?

Any ideas community?

0 4 239
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Scott, sorry to hear you have difficulties with your PDF files. Would you please contact our support team at support@appsheet.com with app details, thanks.

Thanks Aleksi, I have just emailed now.

What this resolved?

Was it resolved? I am also facing the challenge.

Top Labels in this Space