Default tab for a dashboard?

I have a Dashboard on my main view bar (i.e. not a ref and not on the menu) with two view entries. I also have it set to Use Tabs in Mobile View. Screenshots below. 

My question is, can I set it so that the same tab always appears when the user clicks on the Dashboard view ("Logs", in this case)? I want it always to start on the "Alarms" tab, but the app seems to remember the last tab that the user was on, and goes there when the user navigates away from the Logs dashboard view and then comes back. 

Thanks!

Billy

PS. Unrelated, but it's also interesting how Appsheet forces all caps for the word "All" in a mobile tab view. I think it's just a bug. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 10.28.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 10.30.40 PM.png

Solved Solved
0 2 110
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @1billyfw 

"can I set it so that the same tab always appears when the user clicks on the Dashboard view"

As far as I know, it's not possible at the moment.

"PS. Unrelated, but it's also interesting how Appsheet forces all caps for the word "All" in a mobile tab view. I think it's just a bug. "

I assume you set "All" as being the display name of your view. You may want to enclose it with quote marks and click on the icon potion.

Aurelien_0-1664255462598.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @1billyfw 

"can I set it so that the same tab always appears when the user clicks on the Dashboard view"

As far as I know, it's not possible at the moment.

"PS. Unrelated, but it's also interesting how Appsheet forces all caps for the word "All" in a mobile tab view. I think it's just a bug. "

I assume you set "All" as being the display name of your view. You may want to enclose it with quote marks and click on the icon potion.

Aurelien_0-1664255462598.png

Ha! My bad. Good call on “All”.

thanks for the heads up on lack of a  tab default.

Top Labels in this Space