Delayed Sync in play... Need to Force Sync prior to Form opened for data entry

I have an issue where one of my forms is dependent on data from a table and it seems to be cached. My problem would simply go away if I could force an automatic sync "BEFORE" a form opened. I think I read every post with LINKTOVIEW and the parameters to force a sync after save. But that won't solve my issue. Anyone have any thoughts how to force a sync prior to opening a Form for data entry?

Thanks,

Daren

0 4 58
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@DarenJanes wrote:

I have an issue where one of my forms is dependent on data from a table and it seems to be cached.

What makes you think that?

Because I have updated the data in question on the back end with a trigger on a mysql cloud database.

Yep, that'd add complexity.

The best you can do is try to replace the system Add action with one of your own, but that's not a a trivial or clean option.

That's what I tried to do on the LINKTOVIEW before I came here looking for help. I tried to build in a forced sync before the form opened, but had no luck. My current workaround is to tell the user to refresh before adding a record in this particular case. I wonder if the Appsheet architects ever considered adding a real-time data switch for Non-Sheets applications? Zero caching at any level. Probably would kill performance, but would be interesting.

Top Labels in this Space