Delete auto-generated VC when setting ref in another table

VCs created when setting refs in other tables cannot be deleted.
If I delete and save, VC is created again.
This VC causes a decrease in sync speed.
How do I delete this auto-generated VC?

Solved Solved
0 8 188
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the inline view is not needed, but you want to have the label functionality, use Enum (or Enumlist) with the base type of Ref.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

If the inline view is not needed, but you want to have the label functionality, use Enum (or Enumlist) with the base type of Ref.

Hi AleksiAlkio, then how to spread that list to the following columns in the row

The deref works in the same way than with the Ref column.

A very fantastic solution. thank you!

You're welcome!

The other and older workaround is to replace the REF_ROWS() expression with something like LIST(). This doesn't remove the column but you get the Open Ref action with your Ref column.
The other method (which I tend to use more) suggested by @AleksiAlkio is more manual, so you will need to create the Open Ref actions for those

Hi SkrOYC, 

I tried creating Open Ref and attach to column, but face an issue that when attach the action to column, that column will disappear in Table View. Could you advise any solution for this issue ? Thank you.

If you attach actions to columns as Inline action you will see that behavior.

Some people add VC just to add those actions there and then move that VC at the side of the wanted column so that it's displayed in the table view as expected.

Use someting like CONTEXT() so that it doesn't bother on other places

Top Labels in this Space