Delete row clear instead of deleting row

The action Delete this row is actually clearing a row instead of deleting it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a delete action on a sheet
  2. On the option "Do this: The type of action this perform." Select: Data: Delete this row
  3. Select a record and execute the action

Expected behavior: Row should be deleted from the sheet.

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 5.00.12 PM.png

Actual behavior: Row is cleared.

Alternatively, I suggest that 2 delete actions are created, one to Clear a row and another to delete the Row (which are two separate action).

0 4 217
4 REPLIES 4

That's just how the platform works, it can't remove the row from the worksheet, it clears all the columns

I can see that. That's why I posted this. This is not good practice in my opinion because that's why the blank rows are created in every table. They should call this action clear instead of delete, because that is what it's actually doing. Therefore, we have to run a script every X amount of time to delete every empty row  in every table, which it's not very efficient in my opinion. They could simply give the user both options, one to clear, and one to delete. 

Consider checking whether your suggestion exists in the Feature Ideas board and upvoting there, or else posting it as a new suggestion.

@dbaum this is a great suggestion. I don't see any similar suggestions in that feature ideas board. However, I think they are now aware of this. 

Top Labels in this Space