Deleting search data after action is performed

hi there

In an app that manages bookings of assets, I have:

1. Assets table
  2. Bookings table
    In order to allow the user to search for free assets in some period, I created a SearchParams table that contains a single row of search parameters: start date and # of days.

When the free assets are displayed, the user may multi-select some assets and them trigger a “book” action.

When the search parameters screen is displayed, it is currently showing the parameters from previous search. I would like it to start with empty data instead.

Anyone can recommend the best way to empty SearchParams table after the “book” action occurs on Booking table?

Thanks in advance

0 3 122
3 REPLIES 3

If understanding of the requirement is clear, you could evaluate creating another action that clears SearchParams table search parameters of start date and # of days.

You could group this “Clear Search” action with the “book” action( group after “book” action) and trigger this group action “Book n Clear” instead of only “book” action.

Thanks Suvrutt

That’s exactly what i would like to do.
But when defining a new action of type “Grouped: execute a sequence of actions”, i need to the parameter “for a record of this table”, which is basically selecting ONE of the tables.
And then what I want to select the actions in the group, I’m allowed to select one of the actions from THAT table only.
While here, I need to execute actions from 2 different tables…

Any ideas?

Have you taken a look at reference actions? Those could help you.

https://www.appsheet.com/templates/This-app-shows-how-to-use-reference-actions?appGuidString=e76d2e7...

Assuming you have one row for each user identified by user’s email ID in Search Table, your reference rows in the Search Table could be something like

SELECT(SearchTable[Key], [Email]=USEREMAIL())

Or if you are using form view and not detail view for setting search parameters, you could evaluate reset on edit feature for those values.

Top Labels in this Space