Dependant Dropdown *New items addible

First let me say please, I read every related article about this issue and didn't make it work for my purposes. Moving the Category[GROUP] from the Valid_IF statement to the Suggested Values did not work out in my case. Most of my works are related to dependant dropdowns, and making edits in the backend became a little bit tiresome.

I have two tables below, when adding new items in the products table, if the list values don't include the appropriate group or subgroup I must be able to add new values for the group and subgroup columns in the CATEGORY table.

Thank you for your time.

2022-10-02 01-36-09 New Microsoft Excel Worksheet - Excel.png

0 2 58
2 REPLIES 2

Assuming you have GROUP and SUBGROUP tables that are referenced by PRODUCTS and CATEGORIES tables (you do, dont' you?), I do not think you can add new entries to CATEGORIES table from PRODUCTS which is not 'aware' of CATEGORIES table.

As a workaround, I would add a category column in PRODUCTS for your user to select (and apply formulas to GROUP and SUBGROUP columns if you still need them) Then you can add rows to CATEGORIES from the dropdown column.

Animation.gif

I would also be interested in what others might propose. (or I totally misunderstood you configuration...)

Thank you for your reply and such an explanation. I have just two tables. PRODUCTS and GROUP. In the GROUP table, I have columns GroupName And SubGroup. 
The products table has three columns ProductName GroupName and SubGroup.  I changed the column type to REF for the Products table GroupName Column. And giving permission to add and delete the Group Table. So I Can add directly from the Products table. I use the backend data to pull the information to other apps so, I need to give meaningful specified numbers to the groups and subgroups. Then I use concatenate for group subgroups and the unique ID of the product. to make a final united ID for The product. Now I have another challenge that I will post it later. Thanks again for your time and reply.

Top Labels in this Space