Dependent Drop Down

NP
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I had a look up table called channel_lookup with following schema: CREATE TABLE `channel_lookup` (
`row_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
`application_name` varchar(40) DEFAULT NULL,
`channel` varchar(40) DEFAULT NULL,
`file_extension` varchar(40) DEFAULT NULL,
`delimiter` varchar(20) DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`row_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8, and a main table called app_sheet to capture the application_name and its respective channel, file_extension and delimiter, in app_sheet table for application_name I used this valid_if expression: channel_lookup[application_name], for channel use this expresion: channel_lookup[channel], for file_extension i used this expression: IN([_THIS], SELECT(channel_lookup[file_extension], AND([_THISROW].[application_name] = [application_name],[_THISROW].[channel] = [channel]))) and for delimiter uses this expression: IN([_THIS], SELECT(channel_lookup[delimiter], AND([_THISROW].[application_name] = [application_name],[_THISROW].[channel] = [channel]))), And it was work as expected, Topday I added bussiness_unit column to my channel_lookup table, now the table schema is as follow: CREATE TABLE campaign_sch.channel_lookup (
`row_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`business_unit` VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT NULL,
`application_name` varchar(40) DEFAULT NULL,
`channel` varchar(40) DEFAULT NULL,
`file_extension` varchar(40) DEFAULT NULL,
`delimiter` varchar(20) DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`row_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8, and in main table app_sheet for business_unit i added this expression to valid_if channel_lookup[business_unit] but the dependent dropdown is not working, The sample data in my lookup_channel table is as follow: 

NP_0-1688368579613.png

So I expected that I first be able to select the business_unit, forexample MM, then the respective application_name, OMC,ComputerShare, and based on the application_name, respective channel and the extension and delimiter, to be pop up, but here appsheet doesn't show me the bussiness unit untill I select application_name and channel, then the business_unit will pop up. Is there any idea how can I fix it. Really appriciate the help.

0 1 57
1 REPLY 1

What we need to know for this issue is what you have implemented in the Valid_If property of each column that has a dropdown that is dependent on the choice in another column.  You likely don't have the expressions in the Valid_If quite right.

I know you included expressions in your post but it is too hard to understand the what is the actual expression, for which column they belong to AND which columns you are expecting to be dependent on other column choices.  It needs to be presented more clearly.

To help, you might first refer to this article that is expressly for dependent dropdowns.

Dependent Drop-downs

Top Labels in this Space