Deployment to larger set of users - What would it take to give the app to others to use?

Mahesh

I have a developed an app that some other chapters of the non-profit I am part of are interested in using.While I want to hold on to the app, I want them to be able to deploy it on their account and set it up such that the data would be on held in their Google account i.e their spreadsheets would be in their gmail acounts

My guess is some kind of subscription is needed to make this work. Being non-profits, cost is a bigger concern. So I am trying to figure out what that minimum subscription plan would make sense.

• App is built such that it does not need a user whitelist i.e. list of user emails who can use the app is not needed.
  • I am expecting a couple of admins for each chapter to use it. If they choose to roll out to the other members of the chapter, then that number could be 10-15 members per chapter. But I do not know until I roll out the app and see how well it is received.

Hopefully that gives a sense of the scope of what this app needs. Based on that, what do I need to do (subscription, etc) to roll this out?

0 5 546
5 REPLIES 5

The feature what you are looking for itโ€™s not possible in one app because for example partitioning would need authentication. If you want to use different sources for different users, you would need to identify them. Otherwise you would not know what source/table they should use.

Mahesh

Thanks Aleksi.

May be I do not understand something more basic.
What does an app developer need to do to build an app using AppSheet such that when a user installs it on their device, the installation itself will create the backend data tables, etc in that users google account?

Please check this article if Private tables could work for you.

Hello @Aleksi, I had read about private tables previously. But my question is different.
In more conventional software, database is deployed on the server side and mobile app is installed on the device. In case of AppSheet, the mobile app deployment is clear but I am not clear how would the โ€œdatabaseโ€ is deployed i.e. would the google sheet get created for a user who โ€œinstallsโ€ the app for the first time? I am hoping there is some way the google sheet would get created in the userโ€™s google account first time and then user enters data into it either thru the app or directly via the Google Sheet interface.

Given that AppSheet app can be whitelabelled, I am guessing there is some capability (that comes with a fee) which app creators could use.

Thanks!

When the user uses the app you have created at the first time, it wonโ€™t create any new spreadsheet (if you donโ€™t use private tables). All the data will be in appโ€™s data source. One app can contain data from many different data sources though.

Top Labels in this Space