Dereference Assistance - Bad Syntax?

I need help thinking through an improperly formed dereference attempt.

I am working from the Patients table and have crafted a button/action for Dialysis Visit that triggers a LINKTOFORM() expression. I want to prefill some columns in a new row in the Dialysis Rounding table using this expression.

mykrobinson_0-1679584726104.png

but i am obviously doing something wrong. I need help understanding the right way to form this expression. I have a few other fields i want to pre-populate but this is apparently not the right way ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 5 85
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your patient details is connected to the Dialysis table (it will have a [Related Dialysis] record down amongst all the virtual columns...) then you could also use that in place of the SELECT statement used above.  Use ANY([Related Dialysis][Company]) instead of the 

ANY(SELECT(Dialysis[Company],[_THISROW].[_patientIdentifier] = [_patientIdentifier])

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

here's a glimpse at the data structure of the dialysis schedule table

mykrobinson_0-1679584883833.pngmykrobinson_1-1679584911235.png

Just thinking out loud but i can probably accomplish this with a LOOKUP() expression, though i am still curious if my approach of a dereference is just wrong completely.

LINKTOFORM("Dialysis Rouding_Form","_patientIdentifier",[_patientIdentifier],"Company",ANY(SELECT(Dialysis[Company],[_THISROW].[_patientIdentifier] = [_patientIdentifier])))

See if that works...

If your patient details is connected to the Dialysis table (it will have a [Related Dialysis] record down amongst all the virtual columns...) then you could also use that in place of the SELECT statement used above.  Use ANY([Related Dialysis][Company]) instead of the 

ANY(SELECT(Dialysis[Company],[_THISROW].[_patientIdentifier] = [_patientIdentifier])

Thank you, this worked well! I am still learning to think out of the box in many respects, and examples like this are quite helpful in teaching me to spot different ways of doing things in this platform.

Top Labels in this Space