Desktop View: Initial Value changes

When using the desktop view, a new item is added to the database during the form entry. I have the following formula that I have been using in mobile views and what happens in the desktop view is that initially the value is correct (the next sequential number however as I move through the fields, the number increases one more.

IFS([Type]="Box",MAX(Item[BoxIdentifier])+1)

Is there a way to prevent this? I guess I need to alter that MAX to prevent the current record being included, correct?

Solved Solved
0 2 94
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've not experimented yet with the new desktop view and, so, don't know whether there's something particular to that context. If something functions unexpectedly differently between mobile and desktop views, presumably that's worth reporting--probably in the In Preview: New UI design for desktop users - Google Cloud Community  announcement comments.

Regardless, it's presumably possible to exclude the current record's value from the list of values for which you're identifying the maximum value. For example:

MAX(Item[Identifier] - [_THIS])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I've not experimented yet with the new desktop view and, so, don't know whether there's something particular to that context. If something functions unexpectedly differently between mobile and desktop views, presumably that's worth reporting--probably in the In Preview: New UI design for desktop users - Google Cloud Community  announcement comments.

Regardless, it's presumably possible to exclude the current record's value from the list of values for which you're identifying the maximum value. For example:

MAX(Item[Identifier] - [_THIS])

Thanks. I posted a new thread as that other one has so many different topics in it that it is now too difficult to follow.

BTW, I needed to modify your solution slightly: MAX(Item[BoxIdentifier]-LIST([_THIS]))

Top Labels in this Space