Desktop bug in LINKTOROW() Action

Hello everyone,

I found an issue in the "Desktop mode (Preview)" of my app.

I created an action that goes to the next row in a dashboard view.

Meaning: the dashboard has a detail view, and when clicking the action button it reloads the dashboard view showing the next row.

The issue is that in the "normal" mode it works, in the "Desktop mode (Preview)" it reloads the dashboard view with the same row.

Anyone had the same issue?

(@PatW the other time you saved my life ๐Ÿ˜ )

Solved Solved
0 6 183
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @WillowMobileSys , (and anyone looking into this) the slideshow mode is now fixed with March 16, 2023 Release Notes ! ๐Ÿ™‚

referring to the table:

ItemDescription
BugFor desktop UI (preview), fixed inconsistent background color in dark theme INPUT modal forms.
BugFor desktop UI (preview), fixed a bug causing the Save button in the INPUT modal forms to sometimes be unresponsive. Also fixes Prev/Next buttons incorrectly appearing in INPUT forms.
BugFor desktop UI (preview), in child forms added using REF_ROWS, the Ref back to the parent will now be read-only (making the behavior consistent with the mobile UI).
BugFix for slideshow mode not working in detail views in dashboards.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Just wondering if you are aware that you can use the Slideshow Mode property on a Detail view?  Turning this option on will enable arrow buttons that allows the users to move forward and then back through the Detail views of all rows listed by the parent view.

@WillowMobileSys Thanks for the suggestion, but it's enabled and it doesn't work

I see.  You seem to also be aware that Desktop Mode is in Preview.  Just be aware that means it's not yet ready for deployed apps.  I only mention as it may not be worth the time spent on a work around if by the time of release they fix the issue with Slideshow.

Issues related to the new Desktop Mode should be recorded into this thread:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/In-Preview-New-UI-design-for-desktop-users/m-p...

I did search it for any comments on Slideshow Mode and there were none...surprisingly!  So, it's important that you do make the development team aware it's not working.

In my experience with appsheet, it may stay in preview for months, years even. Just look at the post date. 

Thanks for the suggestion to post it in that thread. You didn't search very well though, because if you would have searched "LINKTOROW()" you would have found almost 20 results, all saying the same thing I was saying. Also, you would have noticed my comment there ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm pretty sure I said I searched for "Slideshow Mode" - which you said wasn't working.

Hey @WillowMobileSys , (and anyone looking into this) the slideshow mode is now fixed with March 16, 2023 Release Notes ! ๐Ÿ™‚

referring to the table:

ItemDescription
BugFor desktop UI (preview), fixed inconsistent background color in dark theme INPUT modal forms.
BugFor desktop UI (preview), fixed a bug causing the Save button in the INPUT modal forms to sometimes be unresponsive. Also fixes Prev/Next buttons incorrectly appearing in INPUT forms.
BugFor desktop UI (preview), in child forms added using REF_ROWS, the Ref back to the parent will now be read-only (making the behavior consistent with the mobile UI).
BugFix for slideshow mode not working in detail views in dashboards.
Top Labels in this Space