Desktop mode - drop down fields do not show initial values in UI

I noticed that in desktop mode fields with allowed values or ref values don't show correct value if it is set with "initial value" expression. In standard view the problem doesn't exist

2 5 273
5 REPLIES 5

I have been dealing with Desktop/Browser version of my app in the past few and have seen no issues. 

Please:

• show us what values you are seeing that are incorrect
  • tell us what you are expecting as a value
  • provide an image showing the related column definitions

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Attn @Arthur_Rallu 

Hi, thanks for reply. I integrate with some details. I have a field 16 char long (codice fiscale in the example), once the field is filled I compute 2 others fields with a formula like that (initial value):

IF(COUNT(SELECT(comuni[comune], [codice] = MID([codice fiscale],12,4)))>0,SELECT(comuni[comune], [codice] = MID([codice fiscale],12,4)),SELECT(paesi[paese], [codice] = MID([codice fiscale],12,4)))

these fields can be edited but have a list of allowed values because the field has this valid if expression:

SELECT(comuni[comune], TRUE) + SELECT(paesi[paese], TRUE)

In the desktop mode the field is not filled once the firs field is completed.

Thanks 

Omar

Can you try to change formulas by removing the select clause?

Simply use 

comuni[comune] and paesi[paese] respectively.  Appsheet will automatically use unique values if list is given in the valid if expression. 

Hi, unfortunately nothing changes after the change you suggested. I noticed the same behavior when in form you fill a ref field with a new entry: once you create the new entry and go back to initial form the field is not filled with the new entry. Always only in desktop view.

Top Labels in this Space