Detail View not showing Enum buttons

I have two tables, 

1. Filter

2. Expense

I want to create a sliced-based app where I'd be able to select a Month from the "Filter" Table and Dashboard will display the Chart view expenses of that particular month. 

To accomplish that first I need to create a Detail view of the "Filter" Table and Ref it to Expense. For testing purposes, I have the data for the two months - Sep and Oct. So I have created Enum with two values "Sep" and "Oct". When I create a Detail View of the "Filter" Table, the app should display the "Sep" and "Oct" buttons which are not visible. Could anyone identify what I'm missing here? 

DatabaseDatabaseEnum ValuesEnum ValuesDetail view but no buttons visibleDetail view but no buttons visible

Solved Solved
0 7 376
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please add one key column in your filter table and add one row  to your filter table. Please note the sample app you are referring has 1 row of data with one key column (ID).  I believe your Filter table's detail view is not showing any data because the Filter table is empty with no data from the image shared by you. Since it is just one row table, you can add the key value manually in the back end data source.

Then as @TeeSee1 rightly suggested , please enable the "Month" column in the Filter table as quick edit column.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Have you set this? By default, a detail view is display only meaning you do not choose a value from an ENUM.

TeeSee1_0-1664973185409.png

@TeeSee1 I haven't set that because the "ADD" button is inactive meaning clicking on the button doesn't allow me to add any option. 

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106609?hl=en

Any of these apply to the columns that you want to set Quick edit for??

I understand that quick edit won't work with ref view but, I have already created app based in this, 

https://www.appsheet.com/templates/Allow-the-user-to-filter-a-view-based-on-a-form?appGuidString=912...

You can check that the detail view is ref in the above app and yet the buttons are visible 

Please add one key column in your filter table and add one row  to your filter table. Please note the sample app you are referring has 1 row of data with one key column (ID).  I believe your Filter table's detail view is not showing any data because the Filter table is empty with no data from the image shared by you. Since it is just one row table, you can add the key value manually in the back end data source.

Then as @TeeSee1 rightly suggested , please enable the "Month" column in the Filter table as quick edit column.

Thanks, @Suvrutt_Gurjar. That works!

Thank you for the update @dhaval 

Good to know it works.

Top Labels in this Space