Detail View not showing at all.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. I have an app where one of the detail views will not show up at all, in the published app, or in the edit screen. I have tried all of the following.

• Clicking on 'Show in preview' in the edit mode. When clicking on this the first time nothing happens, if you click on it a second time the navigation menu across the bottom just disappears. 
  • Creating a new detail view. It will not show either. It seems any detail view associated with that specific table will not show. Other detail views to other tables work fine. 
  • Tried it in both 'Card Layout' and standard layout.
  • Tried creating a Behavior to link to the exact view I wanted instead of using the 'On Click Auto' from the table view. 

I have sent this to the help team at Appsheet and was told to make a post here as well to see if anyone has encountered the problem while they try and figure it out. If anyone has any ideas, it would be appreciated. 

Solved Solved
1 9 712
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have been in contact with the Appsheet support team and they have informed me of the following. 

"Unfortunately it's affecting all AppSheet customers now.
AppSheet engineering is investigating.
I'll have an update for you once we hear back from engineering.

Thanks,
Mark"

New Update:

"Hello,

Thanks for your patience on this!

AppSheet engineering has identified the change that introduced the problem and started the process of rolling it back. We don't have a specific timeline yet, but we'll be tracking this closely. We'll have an update for you as soon as we know more.

Sincerely,

Mark"

If I hear anything more I will post it on this thread. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Are you using the new desktop mode?

Nope, it is set up on the default. 

Steve, does the new desktop mode solve this problem?

I am experiencing this behavior.

I have an inline view. When items in that inline view are clicked, on PC, most of them do not go to the detail view but instead to a blank screen. On iOS, all of them go to the blank screen instead of to the details page.

More info:

The blank screen shows the same header name as the screen that the list item was clicked on (and so does the editor interface).

The event action of row selected for the inline view is set to **auto**. Changing this to an action that has the formula LINKTOROW([ID],"Desired Details View") also does not work. Changing the behavior to another action such as edit DOES work, but is not a suitable replacement for being able to navigate to a details view.

This issue happens when the inline view is nested and when it is 'full-screened'.

Turning Preview new features off does not solve this issue.

Any suggestions would also be greatly appreciated since this is having a large impact on a production app.

Did this problem begin yesterday afternoon for you? Also, do you have a help ticket open? I have one open but I am concerned because none of my messages are being viewed. If you get an answer will you please post it here?

First report of this issues came in this morning. 

I have not yet put in a ticket, but plan to do so as soon as I can. I will let you know here.

For me the problem started yesterday. 

HELP!    I am having the same issue and we tried doing what you did also.  It is not allowing us to drill down to display the Order Header _Detail.   I spent all night troubleshooting this issue with no solution yet.  It is only happening on the Order Header file.

This is having big impact on our organization since we are using Appsheet applications as mission critical for our non-profit.   

I have been in contact with the Appsheet support team and they have informed me of the following. 

"Unfortunately it's affecting all AppSheet customers now.
AppSheet engineering is investigating.
I'll have an update for you once we hear back from engineering.

Thanks,
Mark"

New Update:

"Hello,

Thanks for your patience on this!

AppSheet engineering has identified the change that introduced the problem and started the process of rolling it back. We don't have a specific timeline yet, but we'll be tracking this closely. We'll have an update for you as soon as we know more.

Sincerely,

Mark"

If I hear anything more I will post it on this thread. 
Top Labels in this Space