Detail view card layout, how can I remove favourite and share icons?

Hi,

Im using a detail view with a card layout. How can I remove the favourite and share icons from appearing at the bottom right of the card? I have them set to none, but they still appear.

Thank you!

clintinthecode_0-1659244425803.png

clintinthecode_2-1659244489681.png

Solved Solved
2 7 839
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you are correct that there is a bug for those two actions that even if you set them to none, they reappear on save.

You could evaluate the following workaround. Please create an action called "Dummy" of type "Grouped: execute a sequence of actions" with no actions added to that grouped action.  Please do NOT select any icon for the action. You can remove any existing action icon by clicking on the action icon in the icon list.

Then in the card view configure this "Dummy" action for both share and like actions.

Dummy Action.png

You may need some context expression to make the action appear only in the Card view or make the action position "Inline" without attaching it to a column.

When configured to "Dummy" action, the two actions do not show in the Card view as shown below.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1659248389537.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I think you are correct that there is a bug for those two actions that even if you set them to none, they reappear on save.

You could evaluate the following workaround. Please create an action called "Dummy" of type "Grouped: execute a sequence of actions" with no actions added to that grouped action.  Please do NOT select any icon for the action. You can remove any existing action icon by clicking on the action icon in the icon list.

Then in the card view configure this "Dummy" action for both share and like actions.

Dummy Action.png

You may need some context expression to make the action appear only in the Card view or make the action position "Inline" without attaching it to a column.

When configured to "Dummy" action, the two actions do not show in the Card view as shown below.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1659248389537.png

Ah perfect thank you!

You are welcome. Please note the addition I made about the position of the action. Or else the action will appear in some other views.🙂

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated.

Thank you @Steve 

This is still the case; no way to remove the actions. Also,, cannot seem to get the blank icon. Clicking it in the list when creating the dummy action doesn't seem to do anything. The icon remains.....

Assign an action (any) and then assign None. It worked for me

Top Labels in this Space