Detail view not matching the row I select

I just encountered this issue yesterday. In my program, every row contains a different person and their demographic information. The key column is CONCATENATE([Last Name] "_" [First Name] "_" [Date Of Birth]). However, now when I select a row from ANY of my primary or menu views, it ALWAYS takes me to the same person’s detail view.

Ex: I select Bobby Smith (DOB 1/12/2003), and it always takes me to the detail view for Jayden Williams (DOB 4/5/2001). Jayden Williams is currently the last row in my table, so I don’t know if that has to do with anything. I have many different views and this happens for all of them. Almost all of my primary and menu views are tables.

0 5 120
5 REPLIES 5

I don’t know why the post isn’t letting me include an underscore in my key column description. There should be an underscore between each of the pairs of quotation marks so that the key reads “Smith_Bobby_1/12/2003”

Sounds like you’ve got it setup so than its always just pulling in data from the first row. Without some screenshots I cant really suggest anything else

I believe it had to do with the key column being messed up. I’ve been having issues with bugs that I believe relate to key column information being changed (i.e. the wrong birthdate was entered originally so it was updated with the correct birthdate). I restored an older version of the app before I started messing with the key column and it appears to be working now. Thank you though!

Fixed.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You’re using CONCATENATE() wrong.

See also:

Top Labels in this Space