Detail view slow opening in the app. Delay in opening detail view

we have a problem in two of our apps. 

Here is the link of the video so if someone has some idea what this could be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IETBs9r_Ogk

Please look at the video.

Solved Solved
0 9 437
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes sorry you are right, my bad.😐

Sheet1 Table had 3893 rows, which by itself was not an issue.

The issue was, that one of the virtual columns, in table that had that delay in opening detail view,  was storing a complete copy of Sheet1, because it had a "list formula" that was hidden and we did not notice it listed  3893 rows worth of data in every row of the Trebovanje Robe table.

there was at least 15 records in the Trebovanje Robe table, for a total of over 60,000 records worth of data.

The data also has to be fetched anytime a row in that table is read, so this is what was so time consuming.

So if this happens check your list formulas in columns (show or hidden) because one wrong word and "." can make a lot of problems that you can not see at first glance.

Hope this helps,

I have also changed the subject of the topic so it can be found easily, at least i hope it will.

Once again that Sravan guy was very professional, and once more thank you. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Have you checked for any errors reported in the Audit Logs?

This likely will be difficult to track down as I trust you have already looked for the most obvious possible causes.

The fact that it happens each time you attempt to access a row from that Child table makes that table itself a suspect. 

There is likely something causing a lot of pre-processing before showing those Detail views.

• Is there anything different about that particular Child table? 
  • Is it exceptionally large compared to the others? 
  • Are there lots of Virtual Columns setup on that table? 
  • Lots of Format Rules? 
  • Links to external sources for images or other data to display? 
  • Ref's to other tables that might be triggering additional functionality.

One tact is to begin surgically removing functionality on that table to see if you can find root cause of the slowness.

Another tact is to create a test app that pulls in only those Parent/child tables.  Create the same views and see how they behave.  Slowly add in other things like Virtual Columns, Format Rules , anything else related to that Child table,  to see if any of those show ill effects on the UI.

I wish I could help more!

yes we have checked everything, there is nothing different in that app from the one that is copied from, the original one works fine this one has this problem.
There is nothing but text and numbers, and that is it.

I would be suspect of the copy process then.  Everytime I copy an app I get an error and even though after the error it seems the app DID indeed copy successfully,  I have seen some unusual things occur in a copied app.

As a last ditch effort, I would propose deleting the views and tables, then re-adding fresh.  I know others in the community have posted that is how they fixed their "issues" in a copied app.

Have you checked the Performance Profile?
Try going to Manage > Monitor > Performance Profile and clicking "Launch Performance Analyzer".
Look for slow virtual column computations or reads of lots of table data.
Those are often the sources of slow performance.

Some guy called Sravan form the support resolved all the issues in like 15 minutes, after we waited from other co workers that ware on the task to help, but not one information was given from them for 3 days, they didn't even read the messages that we sent them.
Sravan needs a bigger pay check. 
Very professional and helpful, ask for Sravan everybody.

Question to you then. What did he actually do?

Just so that the forum here can actually learn from your case 😉

Yes, what was done to fix the problem so we can all learn from the experience?

Yes sorry you are right, my bad.😐

Sheet1 Table had 3893 rows, which by itself was not an issue.

The issue was, that one of the virtual columns, in table that had that delay in opening detail view,  was storing a complete copy of Sheet1, because it had a "list formula" that was hidden and we did not notice it listed  3893 rows worth of data in every row of the Trebovanje Robe table.

there was at least 15 records in the Trebovanje Robe table, for a total of over 60,000 records worth of data.

The data also has to be fetched anytime a row in that table is read, so this is what was so time consuming.

So if this happens check your list formulas in columns (show or hidden) because one wrong word and "." can make a lot of problems that you can not see at first glance.

Hope this helps,

I have also changed the subject of the topic so it can be found easily, at least i hope it will.

Once again that Sravan guy was very professional, and once more thank you. 

Where is "you must write after reading {good manners rules}" 🙂

Top Labels in this Space