Detailed View based on a User

Greetings, I am working on an IT ticketing application.

This is a table, containing submitted  tickets.This is a table, containing submitted tickets.This is a table containing technicians' information.This is a table containing technicians' information.

Question: I would like to create a "My Tickets" view that will alow each technician to see and tick off tickets assigned to them. How should I go about it. Note: Technicians log into the application with their email. 

Solved Solved
0 15 463
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Please take a look at: 

Slices: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Please take a look a the section "Filter Rows By User" in the article below

Slice row filter conditions - AppSheet Help

If you are looking for more secured way, meaning one technician's assigned rows should not reach the device of other technician, please explore security filters

Security filters: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Limit users to their own data - AppSheet Help

You may also take a look at referencing between tables

References between tables - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

AND

NOT

AND(
[Assigned Tech] = USEREMAIL().
NOT([Resolved])
)

@Evgenii_P wrote:

Question: Is it possible to hide specific columns in a form view while making them visible in a detailed view?

Control column order - AppSheet Help 

15 REPLIES 15

Please take a look at: 

Slices: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Please take a look a the section "Filter Rows By User" in the article below

Slice row filter conditions - AppSheet Help

If you are looking for more secured way, meaning one technician's assigned rows should not reach the device of other technician, please explore security filters

Security filters: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Limit users to their own data - AppSheet Help

You may also take a look at referencing between tables

References between tables - AppSheet Help

Fantastic! Thanks for your response - Filter Rows By User is what I've been looking for! 

A quick follow-up question: within the slice, can a technician tick off the request as being resolved? Currently, a Resolved column in the table has a checkbox ticked off once the ticket has been resolved. Is there a way to replicate this process in the AppSheet, i.e., to somehow mark the ticket as being resolved from within the AppSheet which will tick off that check box in the source table?

Absolutely. You can configure an AppSheet app not only just for viewing data, but also for editing data. If you don't want the user to have to switch to a form type view, which is the default for data editing, you can enable specific columns for editing within a detail type view.

BTW, re your original question, here's a compilation of additional information regarding tailoring an app to individual users:  SUMMARY TIP: User permissions, roles, and settings - Google Cloud Community

Fantastic, I will tinker with it and let you know if this works. 

Fantastic! It worked like magic - I created a status column in a table, inserted a checkbox, and made it a Yes/No type in the AppSheet. After applying Quick Edit Columns, I nave this little slider that checks the checkbox in the table if activated:

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 8.13.14 AM.png

Now that I've figured out how to mark specific tickets as being resolved, I have another question: 

Currently, I have a slice that shows a technician all tickets that had been assigned to him; using this row filter condition: [Assigned Tech] = USEREMAIL()

What should I add to this condition to only show tickets that haven't been resolved yet? In other words, I want AppSheet to filter out all tickets with a filled checkbox in the column Status and only show tickets that have not been resolved, i.e., the checkbox in the column Status for these tickets hasn't been filled in yet.

For example, I want EdTech Director to see only row see row 4, and IT to only see row 3, i.e. unresolved tickets.For example, I want EdTech Director to see only row see row 4, and IT to only see row 3, i.e. unresolved tickets.

AND

NOT

AND(
[Assigned Tech] = USEREMAIL().
NOT([Resolved])
)

This is I receive this error :(I receive this error 😞

Confirm that your [Resolved] column is configured as Yes/No type in the AppSheet table.

Will test it out and let you know!

Ok, I've encountered the next stumble block. This is a table that is used to generate ticket requests:

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 8.39.21 AM.png

While some columns (e.g. Resolved?,  Notes, etc.) are not shown on the actual form a user fills out, I would like them to be shown and editable via Quick Edit Columns when a technician enters a detail view. 

Question: Is it possible to hide specific columns in a form view while making them visible in a detailed view?

In other words, I want my form to retain its current interface:Current View.png

And the detailed view of that form includes two additional columns:

My Tickets.png

@Evgenii_P wrote:

Control column order - AppSheet Help 

Fantastic! That's exactly what I've been looking for. @dbaum could you have a look at my question about viewing photos submitted through AppSheet form, please? 

Thanks, that solved it! 

Another question: Is it possible to automatically populate the column Date Resolved, once the column Resolved? gets filled with a checkbox? I know how to do that via the Apps Script; however, when the checkbox is filled via the AppSheet (Quick Edit Columns), the spreadsheet does not recognize it as an edit, and my function onEdit(e) does not work 😞

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 10.27.18 AM.png

Reset on edit? plus Initial value (or just a ChangeTimestamp column)

As usual, exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot. 

Top Labels in this Space