Different Record Order when save child table

Hi, this is my first post, can someone please help me with my records sorts.

When i save  my app, the child data records in my googlesheet in different row order. Thanks in advance.

PARENT TABLE

Anotación 2022-04-27 163004.png

Records in my Googlesheet from child table

Anotación 2022-04-27 162813.png

Solved Solved
0 6 121
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Following what Qiro said, if you require your records to be saved in the GSheet in a certain order (which is a strange requirement), you should only allow child records to be created from the parent's Detail view, not its Form view. That way they will save in the order that they are entered, instead of as a big chunk all at once.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hey there,

Forgive me if I'm way off the mark here, but have you set a sort order for your data?

It looks like it's sorting by CAMPOHIJA to me, instead of RowNumber. If you head into the UX tab, you can stipulate the Sort by yourself.

Following what Qiro said, if you require your records to be saved in the GSheet in a certain order (which is a strange requirement), you should only allow child records to be created from the parent's Detail view, not its Form view. That way they will save in the order that they are entered, instead of as a big chunk all at once.

Yes, im sorting CAMPOHIJA column, but i change the sort order to the RowNumber column and it keeps recording data in GSheet not in the same order i capture data.

Thanks @Marc_Dillon  and @Qiro  for you answers, @Marc_Dillon  can you please show me an example, i usually use a form  to collect main data along with  the ref table (child), not sure how to do what you suggest. 

All you really have to do is to not show the [Related...] Virtual Column in the parent's Form view.

But the better advice here is that this just isn't an issue, or at least it shouldn't be.

I understand your point, i will follow your advice, maybe my concern is why not act recording child records procedure to the GSheet the same way parent table record do. If you notice Timestamp in the child table if i sort by, it has the same order i capture data in the app, so again, why it didnt keep the same order when goes to GSheet. Thanks again 🙂

Top Labels in this Space