Different behavior for edit form, form can be saved even if mandatory fields are empty

Hey,
I'm stuck

1. Appsheet is showing different behavior for opening edit form.

problem statement: It's like, we are allowed to open the edit form only when we are in form view. We fill the form that is developed to add data in tables which are under 1:N mapping. let's say table [a] and table[b]. we divide it in two steps on step 1 we are adding data for [a] and for [b] in step 2.
So now, we'll add data in iterations
when we add data for the first time edit form will open as it is supposed to and we click on save.
if we go again to that form view after closing it and try to edit it will not open edit form for step 2 instead it will open add form with filled values but edit form is required.  

2. Above there, in step 2 for [b] there is one input field(of type Enum) "points". A valid if for showing dropdown values is there... if that value is already captured in database that is we have data for that point in database than we'll not include it in the dropdown values.
let say we have 3 points as [ point 1, point 2, point 3 ].
now we're adding data,
I click on add button that we have for adding data in referenced table (it will open add form for adding data in [b]), we'll select point 1 from stack that point is mandatory field.
Stack decreased to [point 2, point 3]
similarly we'll add data for point 2 and point 3. now stack is empty [].
We can click on add button in step 2, I tried writing expression in behavior of this add button that will suppose to restrict the add button to show if all points are captured, but that is not working in reference view.
I click on add button, now as the stack is empty that input field point is not there and mandatory condition will not work that allows us to save the data even if the mandatory input fields are empty.
I'm willing to restrict this behavior.
@Steve , @Marc_Dillon , @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

0 1 73
1 REPLY 1

There are a lot of things I didn't understand but I don't know if this is a language barrier or similar.

@Aman991 wrote:

It's like, we are allowed to open the edit form only when we are in form view

What does this mean? You open form views when 1) You add a record from a List view or 2) You edit the record using the action for that particular record. What do you mean by "allowed to open the edit form only when we are in form view"?

@Aman991 wrote:

We fill the form that is developed to add data in tables which are under 1:N mapping.

Why this matters?

@Aman991 wrote:

let's say table [a] and table[b]. we divide it in two steps on step 1 we are adding data for [a] and for [b] in step 2.

If you mean that table A is parent and B is child, then it's the only way you could add data, there is no child before the parent, is it?

@Aman991 wrote:

when we add data for the first time edit form will open as it is supposed to and we click on save.

Why are you talking about an edit form is you are saying "when we add data"?
Also, why are you saying "it's supposed to"?

@Aman991 wrote:

if we go again to that form view after closing it and try to edit it will not open edit form for step 2 instead it will open add form with filled values but edit form is required

This feels like there are a lot of configs you are not mentioning in this post like form save actions and similar

Top Labels in this Space