Difficulties in linking the "Related" Files of a table

Hi everyone, I'm facing a problem with my app and it would be very nice to help me to resolve it :

On my app, I have a function that create a report when the user complete a form. 

What I want is to have a menu with inside : 

1 -> Selection of a construction site 

2-> Inside the detail, I want to see the reports related to this construction site. 

So, I have 2 tables : one to list the different construction site, the other to list the report created (table generated by appsheet).

My problem is that it seems like I can't add column in my Files table because it's a folder "collection of files". What I planned to do originally was to add a column in that table, and create an action where it insert the value of the user (the table of the form that will be converted into a report) in the actual row of File table.  

Screenshots of Files table : 

GFormMLH_0-1660225149311.png

Screenshot of list of construction site table : 

GFormMLH_1-1660225183972.png

Any help is welcomed ! 

Solved Solved
0 2 75
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Yeah, you can't add normal (non-virtual) columns to a Collection of Files table. Your best bet would be to create another (spreadsheet-based) table that links the user to the file.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Yeah, you can't add normal (non-virtual) columns to a Collection of Files table. Your best bet would be to create another (spreadsheet-based) table that links the user to the file.

Thanks for your suggestion Steve. I was able to make it works by doing as you said : creating a new spreedsheet table and some ref. I took me hours to understand how it works but I think I understand way better now. 

Have a nice day Steve !

Top Labels in this Space