Difficulties updating the value of specific row for column in table based in other table

Hi,

I am trying to create a Menu and submenu and update a table when choosing a variable of the menu to go to the submenu.

The variables to show in Menu are "2023", "2024", "2025", "2026", the user has to choose one. Then I go to a submenu, where the options are "Country a", "Country b", "Country c", and the user has also to choose one. Both years and countries are variables of two columns of the same table called "MENU" (as shown in the picture).

Agrotrofica_1-1695626214308.png

I have one view for the menu "Season" and then other view for the submenu "Countries", both of them using cards.

What I am trying to do -using actions- is to select one year in the view "Season" and do 2 tasks. First, to edit the first row of another table named "FILTER" in the column "Season" and add the selected season of the view "Season". Second task is to go to the view "Countries" (screenshot of sheet "FILTER").

Agrotrofica_2-1695626593653.png

Then I will do the same again with "Countries" to update the column "country", but I suspect is the same, so I just need to solve how to do it t go from "Season" to "Countries".

I would be very glad if you could help me! I have been trying to use this post: https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/How-do-i-select-which-row-i-want-the-value-to-b...

However it works for rows in the same table. 

I am trying to combine two actions: 

1) 

Agrotrofica_3-1695626725085.png

and 2)

Agrotrofica_4-1695626755413.png

But still can't do what I want. It would be great if you could help me.

Thanks!

1 1 128
1 REPLY 1

I may not fully understand your requirements but assuming you have only one row in the Filter based on your comment here

@Agrotrofica wrote:

edit the first row of another table named "FILTER"

wouldn't it be easier to show a detail view of the first row of the table FILTER with quick edit enabled and have your user edit the two fields directly?

Top Labels in this Space