Difficulty with email template expression <<[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]>>

NPKyle

Hello,
I am attempting to set up a workflow that incorporates an email attachment via Google Docs, but having a difficult time recreating an expression that I found in an Appsheet article here: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2697069-template-if-expressions

I copy and pasted the formula from the article and changed it to suit me as follows:

However, no matter how I format the document and the expression, it causes an error.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for any input, Kyle C.

0 7 226
7 REPLIES 7

NPKyle

I am confused as to why the system will not recognize the BEFORE and AFTER column values in the โ€˜IFโ€™ expression I used above. When I use those column values in the following expression:

The system recognizes them and returns the correct values in the email:

Hi @NPKyle,

I believe in your formula there is some mistyping in the column names and that is why the app editor throwing error.

Please try with [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Current Room] instead of [[_THISROW_BEFORE]. [Current Room]]
and [_THISROW_AFTER].[Current Room] instead of [[_THISROW_AFTER].[Current Room]]

Oh my, I donโ€™t know how I missed that! Iโ€™ve been circling my tail for far too long. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I suppose I need to develop a better eye for formatting mistakes inside of a Google Doc!

Hi @NPKyle,

No problem. You are welcome. We all make mistakes once in a while. All the best.

If I may add , I find, it typically helps to pay attention in workflow reports template to both << and >> to enclose a column [Column], a proper pairing of <<Start: >> and << End >>, proper placement of <<Start: >> and << End >> within or outside table in the template.

We should raise this to AppSheet support to double check the formula in the document

Hi @June_Corpuz,

I believe the AppSheet editor had properly flagged off both the errors as per the screenshot shared by @NPKyle

Fixed.

Top Labels in this Space