Disable specific input during EDIT mode

I would like to know is there anyway to disable certain form input during edit mode? What I looking for is allow the input during Add New data mode, but disable it to edit during edit mode no matter that data is empty or filled(I want it appear during edit mode and grey out locked to edit), I found that Add new data form is same as edit form, so I cant control it from form view, any idea or suggestion from appsheet expert here?

Solved Solved
0 2 773
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Please use the following tip by @Steve  in the Editable_if  of the columns where you want the fields to be edited only in the add mode.

NOT(IN([_ROWNUMBER], Table Name[_ROWNUMBER]))

This will make the field editable only when the row is being added.

@Steve 's tip :

Re: FAQ: FILTER(), LOOKUP(), MAXROW(), MINROW(), R... - Page 2 - Google Cloud Community

However if you want the field to appear even when it is empty, you may need to add an initial value such as a blank to the field, so that it appears in the detail view even if user does not enter any value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Please use the following tip by @Steve  in the Editable_if  of the columns where you want the fields to be edited only in the add mode.

NOT(IN([_ROWNUMBER], Table Name[_ROWNUMBER]))

This will make the field editable only when the row is being added.

@Steve 's tip :

Re: FAQ: FILTER(), LOOKUP(), MAXROW(), MINROW(), R... - Page 2 - Google Cloud Community

However if you want the field to appear even when it is empty, you may need to add an initial value such as a blank to the field, so that it appears in the detail view even if user does not enter any value.

Top Labels in this Space