Disabled BOT Still Executed - Version Dependency?

I reviewed the information here https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11432969?hl=en#appversion-bots for a possible answer to my conundrum, but this particular section only alludes to which version a user might be running and executing a BOT based on it's definition under the particular app version.

My impression was that a DISABLED BOT would not execute irregardless of the most current version of the App compared to what version a user might be running. Could someone direct me to the proper documentation on this subject please?

I disabled a BOT after my most current stable version (1.000622) and have not made the current version (1.000720) my 'new stable version'. A user running version 1.000622 submitted a data change which triggered a BOT that is disabled under the most current version 1.000720. As noted, the above documentation implies that this user would trigger the state of the BOT as it was under version 1.000622, so if I changed the BOT under version 1.000720 than the changes made to the BOT would not be reflected in the executed version. However, the documentation does not seem to indicate if a 'disabled' BOT would trigger under this user (version 1.000622) compared to a user that was running the latest version (1.000720). Thank you in advance for any clarification on this subject.

Solved Solved
0 2 101
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Markus_Malessa wrote:

My impression was that a DISABLED BOT would not execute irregardless of the most current version of the App compared to what version a user might be running.

What specifically gave you this impression?  

Whether you change a bot, disable a bot or even DELETE a bot, those modifications are all  versioned.   Think of each version as its own copy of the app definition.  There are no app-side features that cross versions of the app definition.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Markus_Malessa wrote:

My impression was that a DISABLED BOT would not execute irregardless of the most current version of the App compared to what version a user might be running.

What specifically gave you this impression?  

Whether you change a bot, disable a bot or even DELETE a bot, those modifications are all  versioned.   Think of each version as its own copy of the app definition.  There are no app-side features that cross versions of the app definition.

The issue in my thinking is actually two fold in this case. One being the triggers on a bot, namely 'datachange' vs 'scheduled', and the other being that the owner account always runs the latest version. Having had a little more time to think about this it is now more apparent that I made an error in my thinking process.

Top Labels in this Space