Disappearing column from form if select coded in valid if

Hi,

I have 3 sheets. Events(Event name), Event dates(Event name, Event date),Event attendance (Event name, Event date, person). I have [event attendance] [event name] column refer [Events] [Event name] column. When I try to add a record to the event attendance table the drop down works fine. Based on the Event name selected, i would like to pull the event dates from the Event dates column. I want this to be a multiselect. So I define Event Dates column as enumlist, base ref the event dates table. In the valid if I have the following select clause SELECT(Event Dates[Event Date], [Event Name] = [_THISROW].[Event Name]). If I add the select clause the event data field disappears from the form. Do you know why this is happening. I looked up chatgpt and it said the column disappears if there is no valid value. I do not undestand this. Any help?

0 11 53
11 REPLIES 11

If the value in the "Event name" column doesn't match with any of your "Event name" in the "Events Date", there is nothing to show. Please check that these two column values matches.

Thanks AleksiAlkio, the values in Event name in both the table are exact matches. Also the column does not disappear after I select the event, it disappears as soon as I add the select stmt. if I remove the select stmt, all the dates appear without filter by event name.

Does the column type(s) match?

Yes. I formatted both as dates.

If I do this ISNOTBLANK(SELECT(Event dates[event date], Event name=[_THISROW].[Event Name])), it adds the column to the form but there are no values selected in the drop down

Alternately I tried this "FILTER(
"Event Dates",
[Event Name] = "Utah Regional"
)", it returned all the dates for Utah Regional. Then I tried to change to this formula: FILTER( "Event Dates", [Event Name] = [_THISROW].[Event Name] ) and the column disappeared from the form

I solved the problem. The column event dates is dependent on the column event name. So only if I select the event name, the columns event date appears. if I do not select the event name the column event date does not appear

๐Ÿ™‚

Hello, Maybe because the dropdown for id show the label instead of the key. So Label is show on screen but you must to use the Id in your formulas

The event date column in event dates is both the key and the label. Is that what you are eluding to? Also if i use ISNOTBLANK(SELECT(Event dates[event date], Event name=[_THISROW].[Event Name])), it shows the event date column in the form but with blank values. It is clear that it is returning blanks but I don't know why.

Vincent mean if your Event Nane is different in these two tables.. the one is using the key column where the other is showing value from a label column. It feels they are the same, but they are not. That would show this kind of behavior as well.

Top Labels in this Space