Display Name for a list of items

Hi, I have a list of many-to-many items, Site Hazards. A Site can have many Hazards and a Hazard can be found in many Sites.

When I list the Site Hazards, by selecting a Site, I would like to set the Display Name of the list to the [Name] for the Site.

eg. CONCATENATE("Hazards for ", [Name])

I note that at the top of the screen is a message:

"This formula is not evaluated in the context of a row, so column values are not available."

This makes sense, however is there a way I can either pass through the Site Name from the selected Site. Or maybe take the first row from the slice and get the Name for the Site?
0 5 169
5 REPLIES 5

INDEX(Slice[Name], 1)

Thanks for the reply.

This gives me the first of the Slice, but as I'm viewing the Slice through a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW, it would be the first of the filtered data.

Maybe I could create a Slice that could be passed a value to pass into the Row filter condition. Then I could use reference that Slice in the View and then use the value from the first Row.

Is it possible to create a Slice based on a passed in value?

@JuliusSpencer wrote:

This gives me the first of the Slice

Right--that's what I thought you wanted:

@JuliusSpencer wrote:

take the first row from the slice

If a value exists in a row/column somewhere in the app, then it can be referenced in a slice's row filter condition. A common approach that may fit your scenario would be to add a Site column to a Users table or to User Settings. Then, you can reference the current user's selected site in the slice's filter expression. See  SUMMARY TIP: User permissions, roles, and settings - Google Cloud Community  for a high-level description and links to implementation details, such as the "Current User" slice.

Thanks for the reply @dbaum .

I'm using LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW which appears to create a Slice based on a relationship. I guess it's not though, as the first row (using the INDEX call) includes a row that isn't displayed.

I don't see how to create a Slice which takes a variable parameter. I would like something like:

[Site]=[SelectedSite]

where Site is a Ref in the SiteHazard table and SelectedSite is a variable which is passed into the Slice when a Hazards button is selected from a Site.

Is there a way to set a variable / extra when performing navigation (linking) to a new screen and then access that variable from the new screen?

Consider experimenting with the INPUT function.

Otherwise, you're idea of [SelectedSite] is on target. You need a place to store that value in your data, and then you can reference it. Again:

@dbaum wrote:

See  SUMMARY TIP: User permissions, roles, and settings - Google Cloud Community  for a high-level description and links to implementation details, such as the "Current User" slice.

Top Labels in this Space