Display Overlay action on empty slice view

Hi,

I have a slice called "My Kit" that shows the users [kit] when one is assigned in the "Staff" table. It works fine, but if the user has no [kit] assigned the Kit_Detail view is empty as expected, but I cant figure out how to allow the Add action to be displayed... Any ideas? Ive tried this sort of thing, but nothing works:
("Detail" = CONTEXT("ViewType")) or CONTEXT(“View”) = “My Kit”

0 3 117
3 REPLIES 3

Where do you want your action appear at?

And what does it do?

Your staff table as kit as ref or the other way around?

I need more info to understand what you are trying to achieve..

Here's something I posted a long time ago that might be relevant to your inquiry:

Make many views do the work of one
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Make-many-views-do-the-work-of-one/m-p/293197

"A deck view of vocabulary cards to study. This is a slice, the contents of which vary from day to day and decrease as the user continues to study. It can empty for one of two reasons – hence the need for the other two views."

Apologies if this doesn't apply to your situation.

@TeeSee1 has requested relevant details to offer a definitive solution. @Kirk_Masden 's suggestion also nice one.

Additionally, just to remove any remote possibility of another common error with slices, you may wish to ensure the slice has add, update , delete permissions as necessary and it is not set as a "read-only" slice by mistake. Also slice actions have been set to "auto"

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1644911199446.png

Top Labels in this Space