Display Photo from Google Sheets in Appsheet

Hello All..

It's been a while since I last posted here.

I have a question I hope you can help with.

I have a cloud based forms service that I am using to collect data, and optionally photos.  I am saving these records to Google sheets, and from there using Appsheet to render the data.  I have a problem rendering the photos.  The data in Google Sheets is a URL (see first screen shot).  I created a test Appsheet to test if it might work - 2nd screen shot.  I used the "Gallery View" but nothing renders except gray warning triangle.

Can anyone let me know (1) If this is possible and (2) point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

RoryF

RoryF_0-1660836769999.png

RoryF_1-1660837003487.png

Solved Solved
0 5 459
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There's also these options within the Security Tab to have a look at as well?

scott192_0-1660839637418.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ok.. I had a think about it and I will answer my own question.

First change the field type to "URL" (from Image) - first screen shot.  The Expression is then HYPERLINK(ENCODEURL([Take Photo]),"Photo") - 2nd screen shot.  This provides a link to click and download the photo.  Not quite the same as displaying on screen.  If there is a better way I would like to be educated..

RoryF_3-1660838965588.png

RoryF_4-1660839108560.png

The URL?  Do you need to have specific permissions to view it?  Are the endpoints publicly available on the web?

I believe the image rendering part of Appsheet requires the link url to be public to be able to display within appsheet interface, however it should open the photo in an external window when the url is clicked (depending on if you have permission to view it).

There's also these options within the Security Tab to have a look at as well?

scott192_0-1660839637418.png

Scott - thanks so much.. that works a treat.. - see below..

So I changed the type back to URL, cleared out the formula and changed some of the security options (need to check exactly what I changed.).  But it now render as an image..

Many thanks,

RoryF

RoryF_0-1660841495065.png

Ahh that's cool! Glad it helped!

Top Labels in this Space