Display a list of related Rows in email body?

I would like to know if it is possible to display a list of related rows in the body of an email when using 'External: Start an email' behaviour?

I know it's possible in an email template but can't figure out how to do it in a body expression.

0 2 64
2 REPLIES 2

If understanding of your requirement is correct, I believe you will not be able to display those related row(s) details in a tabular format the way you can typically do so in a template based report.

This is so because the body of the email field is a text type field in the action setting.

You may however individually show the columns values from the related ( or child) table. But proper tabular formatting will not be easily feasible. 

For example you could show a [Quantity] column values of all related rows by an expression something like  [Related Order details][Quantity] 

But it may not be very meaningful for the email recipient without proper formatting in the email body.

Thank you. You have confirmed my suspicions. Fingers crossed they will add templates to the behaviour in future.

Top Labels in this Space