Display content change in ChangeCounter

Hi Guys

One of the feature I like the most is the changeCounter. But that is only show numbers. Is there any to show the content change on the select column? 

desmond_lee_0-1711680366242.png

Solved Solved
0 17 267
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please add an enumlist column called say [Change_Type] with an expression something like below and include it in your emailtemplate.

LIST(
TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[BARELY]<>[_THISROW].[BARELY], CONCATENATE("Value Before of field Barely: ",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[BARELY]))),

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[PARTIALLY]<>[_THISROW].[PARTIALLY], CONCATENATE("Value Before of field Partially: ",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[PARTIALLY])))

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[MODERATELY]<>[_THISROW].[MODERATELY], CONCATENATE("Value Before of field Moderately: ",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[MODERATELLY])))

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[ MOSTLY]<>[_THISROW].[ MOSTLY],CONCATENATE("Value Before of field Mostly: ",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[MOSTLY])))

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[ FULLY]<>[_THISROW].[ FULLY], CONCATENATE("Value Before of field Fully: ",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[FULLY])))

)

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Could you elaborate with an example what do you mean by "content change?"

So for example, if a[Status] column had a value of "Open" before a row edit and a value of "Complete" after a row edit, would you want to capture the value of "Open" in another column? Can you elaborate your requirement with such an example?

Hi Suvrutt

Let say I set to 5 column it triiger the number change Rev 1 to 2. And the change is at the colum PROJECT NAME. This is 1 of the 5 so how do I make this one visible to me when the change done. Becaue now I don't which one in the 5 columns

desmond_lee_0-1711683188565.png

Okay, thank you.

One option is , please create a physical Enumlist column with base type as text column with an expression something like

LIST(
TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Project ID]<>[_THISROW].[Project ID], [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Project ID])) ,
TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Project Name]<>[_THISROW].[Project Name], [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Project Name])) ,

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Site Name]<>[_THISROW].[Site Name], [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Site Name])) ,

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Site Developer]<>[_THISROW].[Site Developer], [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Site Developer])),

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Project Timestamp]<>[_THISROW].[Project Timestamp], [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Project Timestamp]))

)

This column should capture the changes in any of the five columns when the record is saved.

@desmond_lee ,

Could you update if you were able to get solution to your requirement?

Oh thank you so much for follow up. I really appreciate. Actually I don't really understand "One option is , please create a physical Enumlist column with base type as text column with an expression something like" and keep thinking how to do it.

I want to a live score in send thru the email.  And below is the table. Column A is the key.

desmond_lee_0-1712189884961.png

Once there is a change in the column below (BARELY, PARTIALLY, MODERATELY, MOSTLY & FULLY) How do I display to show the value change.

desmond_lee_1-1712190036342.png

Actually when a form is submitted there is an email send to the user and I don't know where is the changes.

desmond_lee_0-1712191555623.png

Please add an enumlist column called say [Change_Type] with an expression something like below and include it in your emailtemplate.

LIST(
TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[BARELY]<>[_THISROW].[BARELY], CONCATENATE("Value Before of field Barely: ",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[BARELY]))),

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[PARTIALLY]<>[_THISROW].[PARTIALLY], CONCATENATE("Value Before of field Partially: ",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[PARTIALLY])))

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[MODERATELY]<>[_THISROW].[MODERATELY], CONCATENATE("Value Before of field Moderately: ",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[MODERATELLY])))

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[ MOSTLY]<>[_THISROW].[ MOSTLY],CONCATENATE("Value Before of field Mostly: ",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[MOSTLY])))

TEXT(IFS([_THISROW_BEFORE].[ FULLY]<>[_THISROW].[ FULLY], CONCATENATE("Value Before of field Fully: ",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[FULLY])))

)

Ok let one step at a time. Add physical column as below right ?

desmond_lee_0-1712738184100.png

Secondly as yo said ".......with an expression something like below and include it in your emailtemplate". (1) Add this only in email template ? Or there is I also need to add this in the app formula? (2) I have embeded template. Where to add? In the email text body? Sorry I am really not good in this email setting.

desmond_lee_1-1712738392892.pngdesmond_lee_2-1712738414275.pngdesmond_lee_3-1712738435070.png

@desmond_lee wrote:

Ok let one step at a time. Add physical column as below right ?

@desmond_lee wrote:

Secondly as yo said ".......with an expression something like below and include it in your emailtemplate".

Add the expression in the enumlist column"[Change Type] under the "app formula" setting.

Then add that column name in the email body template , something like <<[Change Type]>>. However please note that since it is an enumlist column, which will have multiple elements, you may need formatiing of the email body expression or you could create a template doc for the bot.

Correct.

OK follow exactly. See below add expression at app formula column :

desmond_lee_1-1712798311946.png

Then add <<CHANGE TYPE>> at email text body. See below :

desmond_lee_2-1712798439209.png

Testing change value by change value from MOSTLY TO MODERATELY. You can see the MOSTLY value change from 26 to 25. But in the email I can't see where is the changes as well.

desmond_lee_0-1712798256306.png

desmond_lee_3-1712798649231.png

@desmond_lee wrote:

. But in the email I can't see where is the changes as well.

Sorry, I do not understand this. Your shared email template and actual report seem to be different. In the email body template "Below is your latest live score submission." then follows the <<[Change Type]>> column. But the above sentence is not available in the report you have shared.

So sorry I confuse you. In my send email task setting frist I choose "embeded app view"

desmond_lee_0-1712800693713.png

When I choose "embed app view" in my google email text body it will show me my Project List tabe info in thee google email text body like below. From this I can see all the values.

desmond_lee_1-1712800849911.png

And in the email test body here I added the <<CHANGE TPYE>>. Then I try to make one change to see what happened. And I can't see the different. My expected result is how to make the change in this embed appview in google email text body visible to email reader.

I added this <<CHANGE TYPE>> here. I don't am I doing it correctly or not.

desmond_lee_2-1712800996600.png

If you are using "embedded app View" option in the bot, please ensure the column [Change Type]  is included in the related view. For example if you are using detail view in the following setting, please ensure the [Change Type] column is included in that view.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1712941282924.png

Thank you so much. Its working

desmond_lee_0-1713139212228.png

You are welcome. Thank you for the update. Good to know it works per your requirement.

Another thing. Is there a feature that we could make the CHANGE TYPE field display in the email text body in bold red colour?

Yes, you will need to create an email body template and show the [Change Type] column in red color font in the email body template.

<<[Change Type]>>

You will need to create the template in Google doc and not use the email body option that you can define in the bot itself.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1713148231816.png

Please use  below template option.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1713148290345.png

Oh I know how to do that and also it being done in other apps. I was thinking the embeded view able to do it. Anywhere thank so much. I really appreciate your help. There is another question that I will post later. About date.

Top Labels in this Space