Display data Form only

I want to create a form to display data only and not to enter data. This is done after using dependent drop down of two fields, and when the data matches, the rest of the data is shown with some calculations.

It is not required to save any data. Just Display it from the table

How can I do that?

0 1 60
1 REPLY 1

AppSheet doesn't have such a feature but you can mimic it.  

The question is how do you want to visualize the data and can there be more than one matching row.  Depending on that, there are a couple of approaches.

In either approach, you will need to add a Lookup table, that has the 2 columns for the dropdown search criteria you mentioned.  Then either:

1)  If there could be multiple rows or an Inline Table view is sufficient to view the matching row,  then add a virtual column [Matched Rows] and define it as a List,  Element Type = Ref and source table of where you want to lookup.  Then you can use an expression like:

SELECT(Source Table[ID], 
       AND([column 1] = [_thisrow].[criteria 1],
[column 2] = [_thisrow].[criteria 2]
)
)

Update this SELECT with the table and columns from your app. 

Display this Lookup in a Detail view with the criteria columns set as QuickEdits at the top and the [Matched Rows].  When you set the two columns, then the Matched Rows Inline table will automatically update with the matching rows.  Calculations can be added as Virtual Columns.

2)  If there is only a single row and you want to visualize the data with label/value pairs, then add a REf column, [Matched Row] and apply the above SELECT as the app formula in this column.  Add additional columns for each of the row details you wish to view.  These are set by dereferencing the Ref column - e.g. [Matched Row].[column 1], [Matched Row].[column 2].  Add Virtual columns for the calculations. 

Just as above, show all the columns in a Detail view with the criteria columns as Quickedits at the top.  Then list all of your other columns in the order you wish.  Initially, only the Quickedits will show. Selecting the criteria will set the Ref column and in turn automatically update the other columns with values and in turn they will be made visible on the view.

I hope this helps!!

Top Labels in this Space