Display name of user

Hey there,

I know there are lots of questions about this topic, but none of them matched what I’m looking for.
Here’s my problem. I have an app that eveybody in my company can use. When datas are created, it generates a PDF with the different information filed.
at one moment in the document, there’s a spot for the writer’s name. (called “Le rédacteur”) for this, I use the “USEREMAIL” formula. The problem is, in my document it shows the email of the user and not is name and family name. I’ve tried with “LOOKUP” but it can only give me either the name or family name, not both.

How can I show both in my document?

Please help me Obiwan Kenobi, you’re my only hope

0 1 629
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Nicolas_Jault , Welcome to the Community!

I assume you are using an AppSheet Bot to generate the PDF?

First, if by "“USEREMAIL” formula, you mean the USEREMAIL() function, it will not work as you think in a Bot. USEREMAIL() refers to the logged in user BUT when a Bot runs, it runs on a server and it will not have any information about who the logged in user is. The user Bots run under is always the AppCreator account.

To get the information to show in your generated PDF, you will want to save with the row, the user who created/updated it. You imply you have a Users or Employees table, so all you have to do is add a User or Employee column to your data row. Use the column type of REF, short for “reference”, to “point” at the User/Employee row you wish to get additional details from later.

Then in your PDF template, you can refer to the user details using “dot” notation like so:

[User].[Email]
[User].[First Name]
[User].[Last Name]
etc

[User] is the REF column in your data row pointing at a Users table row. [Email[, [First Name], [Last Name] are all columns in the Users table.

Top Labels in this Space