Display name on child table column that references another column

Hi everyone,

hoping someone can help me with this issue.

I have a column in a child table [%tax] and I want to make an expression in display name, that if another column [Tax Name] ISNOTBLANK it shows the tax name and if it ISBLANK it shows %tax. But I can't refer to it.

Thank you very much ๐Ÿ™‚

Solved Solved
0 2 111
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@JCarlos wrote:

if another column [Tax Name] ISNOTBLANK

โ€œIs not blankโ€ for which row(s)? The entire table? A column display name expression canโ€™t be evaluated in the context any specific rowโ€”consider for example a table view where the column name applies to multiple rows displayed in the table. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@JCarlos wrote:

if another column [Tax Name] ISNOTBLANK

โ€œIs not blankโ€ for which row(s)? The entire table? A column display name expression canโ€™t be evaluated in the context any specific rowโ€”consider for example a table view where the column name applies to multiple rows displayed in the table. 

The secondary table is the "SALES DETAIL" table and the main table is "SALES", in the secondary table are the details of each sale with the [%Tax] and [Tax name] in each row, but the tax name must be the same in each sale if it exists, that's why I want it to put the name of the tax if it exists, otherwise not.

The rows would be the referenced ones of a sale

Top Labels in this Space