Display the Enum Search options filter in sorted way

I have a many rows each with repeating and non repeating values for the field LOCATION,

I offer it to search, but the search list itself needs to be sorted, My formula placed here didnt work. Any insights would be great.

AnonyDee_0-1654830846983.png

AnonyDee_1-1654830884236.png

Also tried with

AnonyDee_0-1654841137653.png

3 11 339
11 REPLIES 11

Try SORT([Location],FALSE) - https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107698?hl=en

If that doesn't work, try the same suggested values on a different column without a spreadsheet formula.

Simon@1minManager.com

The spreadsheet formula is for Generated from the spreadsheet. Gets applied during sync. This has nothing to do with sort I believe.

Your formula gives error

AnonyDee_0-1654929219734.png

So [Location] is an ENUM.  Whereas SORT() is expecting a LIST type column as the first option.  To make it not error then this will work:

SORT(LIST([Location]),FALSE)

But it's kinda dumb as your asking it to sort a single item list 🤣

Thanks for that, but the actual problem was to sort a filtered list rather getting the right syntax of SORT. It makes sense to sort the LIST instead of ENUM.

I did as you suggested, but still no luck

AnonyDee_0-1655176357906.png

Is the base type of this EnumList column a Ref  to Project Details table?

--
Setting values through a form AND having a spreadsheet formula makes no sense. 

Thanks Joesph, Yes thats enum, here are the screenshots

AnonyDee_1-1655091803618.png

AnonyDee_0-1655091791293.png

@Joseph_Seddik any luck?

1. Ideally you should have a separate Locations table with two columns: a locationID Key column and locationName Label column. You can have additional columns like locationAddress for example. 

2. Any Location column in any other table should be of type Ref  to the Locations table. 

3. Your Enum-type column should have its base type set to Ref pointing to the Locations table, instead of Text. Its Valid if constraint should be:

Locations[locationID]

and its Suggested values should be:

ORDERBY(Locations[locationID], [locationName])

That should give you the desired behavior. 

Per the original inquiry, did anyone get this to work yet to sort the list items in the search bar "filter" section for a given field?

My Enum field is a Ref type field, and the OrderBy syntax works great for the dropdowns within the Form view. It's when a user clicks the Search bar, then the filter icon, then this particular field that the list items remain unsorted. Maybe it's a bug?

To my knowledge, unsorted remains the only option.

yep, thanks

Top Labels in this Space