Displaying Data in Detail View

Hi ,

i have created an app that i for chemical Dozing and dozers can calculate how much chemical needs to be dozed through this app.

Dozer first select Customer Then Its related Boiler and then Tower of boiler and after that input parameters of plant and the app calculated through a formula and display the desired quantity of chemical that needs to be dozed , and log the data in app.

now the input part is working fine and dozers are doing entries daily .

to display the entries i have created a detail view with quick edit column on Customer Name , Plant & tower so that user can select accordingly but the problem is through quick edit when it syncs and either change the value or reset the field in google sheet which disturbs all the data .

please let me know is they any way to display data with selection of customer plant and tower.

thanks in advance

0 5 163
5 REPLIES 5

@admin_nasra 

It sounds like you are experiencing issues with the Quick Edit column in your detail view, where the data is being reset or disturbed in the Google Sheet when the user makes changes. Here's a possible solution:

1. Instead of using the Quick Edit column in your detail view, consider using a Ref column that allows the user to select the Customer, Boiler, and Tower that they want to view data for. You can set up the Ref column to display a dropdown list of options based on the data in your existing tables.

2. Once the user has selected the appropriate options in the Ref column, you can use the "FILTER()" expression to display only the relevant data in your detail view. For example, you can filter the data by Customer, Boiler, and Tower to show only the entries that match those criteria.

3. To make it easy for the user to switch between different customers, boilers, and towers, you can add action buttons to your app that allow them to quickly navigate between the relevant Ref column views.

By using a Ref column and the "FILTER()" expression in your detail view, you can display the data for the selected Customer, Boiler, and Tower without the risk of the data being reset or disturbed. This approach also makes it easy for the user to switch between different views and quickly find the data they need.

than you  for the detailed response.

i cannot use ref for all these 3 columns as they varies customer to customer i.e some customers have boilers some have chillers , no i am trying this : i have created another sheet with the name filter and put these 3 columns there and in detail view i am using quick edit and created a reset option button but now the problem is reverse , if all the rows are reset it wont display the view as all 3 fields are dynamic .

Are you trying to let users experiment with calculations without actually saving the data, then save only if the user chooses to? In that case you should not be editing existing rows. Instead use a Form view not a Detail view with quick edits. 

Hi Joseph,

no , i want my management to view the dozing details by selecting customer then their relevant systems and then towers of that system just like reporting .

@admin_nasra 

If you cannot use a Ref column for all three columns as they vary from customer to customer, and you do not want to use a Form view, another solution is to use slices.

You can create a slice for each combination of customer, boiler, and tower, and then use actions to navigate between the slices. For example, they can create a "Select Customer" action button that leads to a slice with only the relevant customers, and then create a "Select Boiler" action button within that slice that leads to a new slice with only the relevant boilers for that customer. You can repeat this process for each level of filtering until you get to the desired combination of customer, boiler, and tower.

Once you have the desired slice, they can use a detail view to display the data for that slice. You can add an action button to each detail view that leads back to the main menu or to a higher-level slice, so that the user can easily navigate back to the beginning and start a new search.

By using slices and actions, the user can create a dynamic filtering system that allows them to easily find the data they need without the risk of data being reset or disturbed. This approach also makes it easy for the user to switch between different views and quickly find the data you need.

Top Labels in this Space