Displaying a Numeric Field with GoogleSheets Custom Number Formatting

V-A
Silver 1
Silver 1

I've got a GoogleSheet table that numbers customer responses.  I'm looking to find a way to have AppSheet's UI display the figures for each line item / record as:

"Response [number as stored per row or record] of [total responses]"

For example:

"Response 1,234 of 2,220"

This would be for response number 1,234 out of a total of 2,220 responses.

How can I do this?

Solved Solved
0 3 98
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems that since the field ("Response") is a number-type, the custom-formatting expression used wasn't applied.

To resolve this and have the numeric field displayed with text required creating a virtual column as text-type and entering the custom-formatting expression in the "FORMULA" (if viewing the list of columns) or "App formula" (if viewing the new virtual column's edit popup page) fields.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@V-A wrote:

I've got a GoogleSheet table that numbers customer responses.

Just to clarify, you are pulling this sequential number from the Google sheet into the App?

If so then you can create an expression like this:

"Reponse" & [Response Number] & " of " & COUNT(Responses[ID])

This assumes you have a table named "Responses" that has a column named "ID" as the row key and a column named "Response Number" that contains the response number.  Change the table a column names to match your own.

You can also use the MAX() function like this:

"Reponse" & [Response Number] & " of " & MAX(Responses[Response Number])

I think they both would be the same in operation time.

Thanks.  I'm a new AppSheet user.  The response field number to display is sourced from the spreadsheet.  The response count figure is to be calculated by the app.  Where would I place this expression?

I've used your suggested formula and the CONCATENATE function in the "DISPLAY NAME" field of AppSheet and it doesn't display in the UI.  Where should I place the formula?

It seems that since the field ("Response") is a number-type, the custom-formatting expression used wasn't applied.

To resolve this and have the numeric field displayed with text required creating a virtual column as text-type and entering the custom-formatting expression in the "FORMULA" (if viewing the list of columns) or "App formula" (if viewing the new virtual column's edit popup page) fields.

Top Labels in this Space