Displaying row level actions on a dynamic dashboard

Hello friends, it’s me ya boy again, i’m trying to build a dynamic dashboard that would allow its users to add both parent and child records easily using actions, but i have a small problem:

I have two tables:

• a [Contratista] table (parent)
  • a [Certificado] table (child)

And two actions:

1. New order: adds an empty “Open” [Certificado] referenced to the [Contratista] record the user is looking at (in detail view).
  2. Close order: Changes the [Status] column of the [Certificado] table of the last “Open” row of a [Contratista] from “Open” to “Closed”.

The first action only appears when there are no “Open” rows, and the [Certificado] table is configured to only generate new rows using that action, so at any time there can only be one open row per [Contratista].

That works great when working in the detail view of the [Contratista], but i can’t for the life of me make those two actions appear on a dynamic dashboard, i believe it is because the actions pull information from the [Contratista] record they are on, as you can see in the following screenshot:

Le screenshot

Can Appsheet create a record for a child table by pulling data from a parent record based on a row i have selected in the dynamic dashboard?

Sorry for the column names in spanish by the way 3X_1_1_111f11d66aae0d37e7060511cb5e456c22ab2f43.gif

0 0 185
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space