Distribution of App

Hi 

I was wondering what method would be best to distribute white labeled apps to users with the .apk files. I know when you share an app to a user, it will give them the option to install using the link but that installs Appsheet to their device. I want to have the same quick system that lets me send a link to someone that will auto install the .apk to their device and ask them to sign in with no fuss.

I don't want the app to be a public app on the play store either, and private listings requires users to be part of your workspace which I don't want. I was hoping to make it a private app in the play store so that only people with the link could find and download it but that seems to be giving me trouble too.

I know I can send the .apk to the user for them to download and install manually but it requires them to change phone setting to let the phone install apps from unknown sources and the users will definitely have problems with that. 

Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

0 1 39
1 REPLY 1

You have written all the answers yourself, there is no workaround to make it work different.

Also, make sure to understand that there is no official, supported and correct way to have private data on an app that's public, even the name should give you a glimpse.

It's the way AppSheet works.

If you need to provide sign in on a public app, try GlideApps

Top Labels in this Space