Docs Template - Format a Ref list

I want to use a ref list column on a PDF template, when I use <<[registroOS].[produtos]>> to refer to the variable value I get just the id's separated by a comma, as in: e3863121 , 41eeb45a
What I want is to format in the same fashion we have the inline reference in the app. I need to extract 3 rows from this ref and format it in a readable way

0 2 104
2 REPLIES 2

@draxdeveloper wrote:

want to use a ref list column on a PDF template, when I use <<[registroOS].[produtos]>> to refer to the variable value I get just the id's separated by a comma, as in: e3863121 , 41eeb45a

if the [produtos] column is a Ref list,  then referencing it as you have indicated WILL only show the ID values.  In the app, you can specify a Label column and the app will automatically use it to display values.  A PDF template does not perform this automatic replacement.

You will need to process over the list of REF ID's with an expression and extract the values you want.  This will depend on the format you want in the generated PDF.  Another approach many use is to add a column in the table has the desired values based on the REF ID's thent he PDF template just needs to reference that column instead of the REF ID's column.

I hope this helps!

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

Another approach many use is to add a column in the table has the desired values based on the REF ID's thent he PDF template just needs to reference that column instead of the REF ID's column.

This is actualy good solution, becouse i had similar problem. You can create a Virtual column that is refering on a specific field in ref table. Than in Docs Template zou can just ref to that virual filed

Top Labels in this Space