Document generation accessing granparent information

Hi Guys!

I have a scanning app which records employee training attendance. The app consists of 3 tables Training 2.0 (step 1 enter training info)/ Training Participants 2.0 (step 2 scan participants) / Training Signature (final step trainer signature). 

The training participants 2.0 table and Training Signature table refer to the Training 2.0 table. We have a workflow which creates a pdf at a certain time each day but we would prefer for the pdf to be created after the last step is completed - Training signature. 

The final step is completed on the training signature table, Is there a way I can pull information from the other tables and have it reflect onto the pdf file which is created after the final step takes place? If so I would be able to set the workflow to trigger once there's a change on the signature table instead of once a day. 

here is my spec:

SAFETY_RAMCO_0-1647652850834.png

Here is what it currently generates:

SAFETY_RAMCO_1-1647652964329.png

0 2 41
2 REPLIES 2

Yes.  If you have built your Parent/Child relationships properly, each child "points to", aka has a reference to, its parent.  You would use "dot" notation to traverse through these references.  Start from an automation trigger on the lowest child row, an expression to get at a grandparent column would look like this (in puesdo-names of course):

[Parent Ref].[GrandParent Ref].[Desired GrandParent Column]

For this to work, your lowest child table must have a parent Ref column.  Your Parent table must have a grandparent Ref column.

Thank You Very Much I will give that a shot!

Top Labels in this Space