Does a change in the table change old entries also.

I have 2 tables:

1) Service Details: The services provided by the facility along with the charges offered for each service.
2) Service Availed: The service availed by the customer

I just want to check initially there a prices set for services in the service details sheet. And entries have been recorded in the app. Later when I want to change the prices, I just edit it in the service details sheet correct?

The old entries that were made in the app wont change right? Anything I have to be careful about?

Solved Solved
0 5 188
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you read the price with the initial value, it won't recalculate it later if you open the record and save it. But.. if you use an app formula, it's recalculated every time when you modify the record.. and if the base price has changed. 

View solution in original post

You can either hide the field, remove it from the form or set the column not editable.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you read the price with the initial value, it won't recalculate it later if you open the record and save it. But.. if you use an app formula, it's recalculated every time when you modify the record.. and if the base price has changed. 

Okay, so do you suggest I should put the formulas in Initial value instead of app formula. But that way everyone will be able to change the value of the field right?

You can either hide the field, remove it from the form or set the column not editable.

@AleksiAlkio if i put the formula in initial value...the issue I face is suppose I want to edit the service, and when I do that the price does not change since it is put in the initial value. Any mid way around this?

You can use the "Reset on edit" feature. You need to use something like [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Service]<>[Service]. It will only recalculate it when the service is changed.

Top Labels in this Space