Drill down to Gallery using LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW?

I have a table of images I’d like to filter by user input to display a filtered gallery view:

DEPARTMENT > CATEGORY > SUB CATEGORY > GALLERY VIEW (of matching images)

I’ve tried using table view grouped on the three columns (Dept/Cat/SubCat) but cannot determine how to make a SUB CATEGORY user selection link to a filtered view of the image gallery. Right now I have to click through to the row ID to get to a gallery of only the one image.

Maybe there’s a better method I’m not seeing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Solved Solved
0 3 617
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The only way I can see this working using grouping is if you have a table or slice that includes exactly one row for each (department, category, subcategory) triple. You could then attach a custom action for the view’s Row Selected event that uses LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(). Constructing that data set is the tough part, though.

Another approach–with its own complexities—would be to use a search form instead of a grouped view. The search form could use dependent drowpdowns to offer the available options if your data is structured appropriately, or constructed dropdowns if not. The complexity here is that you’d have to give each user their own form, which means another table or user settings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The only way I can see this working using grouping is if you have a table or slice that includes exactly one row for each (department, category, subcategory) triple. You could then attach a custom action for the view’s Row Selected event that uses LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(). Constructing that data set is the tough part, though.

Another approach–with its own complexities—would be to use a search form instead of a grouped view. The search form could use dependent drowpdowns to offer the available options if your data is structured appropriately, or constructed dropdowns if not. The complexity here is that you’d have to give each user their own form, which means another table or user settings.

Steve, you are the man! I went with the search form and quite pleased with the result, many thanks!

This is good.

Create a custom slice-view pair to accomplish the filtering criteria - the push this into a filtered view.

But yeah… linktofilteredview() can be a hog sometimes.

Top Labels in this Space