Drop-down list with data entry

Good day. There is a question. Is it possible to make a drop-down list with a form for entering data, and a counter that would count the amount of data that would be entered?

0 8 145
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, When you say drop-down list with a form for entering data, do you mean if they select something from the list then the relevant form opens for them to enter data?

I need to create a form for data entry that will show in the main data entry form how many rows on a new sheet this drop-down list has recorded. Or my opinion is to use and make a counter of the number of rows on the sheet in it, according to a given parameter. Is this option possible?

I think i get what you mean, I would create a virtual column and in the formula put this COUNT(SELECT(new sheet table name[unique id], [_thisrow].[unique id]=[unique id]))

Assuming you have a main table which should have a unique column, then your new table should have a refernce to your main table grabbing the unique ID each time you add a new row. By creating a new virtual column in your main table you can count the rows that match and return the value.

Is it possible that when the number of records was reached, the form returned to the original one?

I'd have to better understand what it is you are creating. As i am not sure what you mean by returns to the original one?

I want to create a dropdown in which you can enter data and save it to another sheet

I am not sure i undertsand when you say enter data, a drop down can only be a simple list of items which the user can add to if you wish but you cant have a physical form within the dropdown.

Would it not easier if the dropdown was at the top of your form and they simply select from a list what the form is?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your problem description is not entirely clear. It seems to me you have a form that allows the user to select one entry from a dropdown list. The entries in the dropdown list correspond to rows in some table, one dropdown entry for each one row in the table. The user should only be able to choose from dropdown entries that correspond to rows that have not already been chosen in a previous form. This type of problem is commonly solved using list subtraction.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/4575802-list-subtraction

Top Labels in this Space